Audio Hijack 3.3.2
Released on 10/7/16
Critical Bug Fix: We've corrected an issue where deleting blocks on MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) could cause an exception in Core Animation and leave the UI in an inconsistent state until relaunched.
Enhancement: The “Avaya Spark” app is now supported as a VoIP input source.
Enhancement: Audio Hijack now better shows when an audio device has gone missing.
Enhancement: Several minor corrections have been made for the “Install Extras” window when using Full Keyboard Access.
Bug Fix: The left and right arrows again work to navigate in the Sessions tab.
Bug Fix: A VoiceOver-related crash on Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) has been fixed, along with an issue where VoiceOver users couldn't edit tags in the Recordings tab.
Bug Fix: Adjustments have been made to enable FaceTime to be captured on MacOS 10.12 (Sierra).
Other: Due to changes in iTunes 12.5, Audio Hijack now requires Instant On to capture audio from iTunes, and will prompt the user if needed.
Audio Hijack 3.3.1
Released on 7/7/16
- Major Enhancement: Instant On has been updated to version 8.3, with preliminary support for MacOS 10.12 (Sierra).
- Enhancement: The “Install Extras” window has been modernized.
- Bug Fix: Timer conflict detection has been revised and no longer incorrectly identifies conflicts between unrelated Sessions.
- Bug Fix: An issue where iTunes couldn’t successfully edit tags in newly recorded .mp4 files has been worked around.
- Bug Fix: VoiceOver users can now properly access the expanded contents of recordings and timers.
- Bug Fix: A rare crash which could occur with Audio Units from IK Multimedia has been fixed.
- Other: Several other small improvements are included.
Audio Hijack 3.3.0
Released on 6/9/16
- Major Enhancement: It's now possible for advanced users to lower audio processing latency! The new latency slider in Audio Hijack's preferences can be adjusted to reduce or remove any slight echoing you may hear while monitoring audio flow through Audio Hijack.
- Major Enhancement: Audio Hijack now offers safer recording for AAC and Apple Lossless (ALAC) files, to avoid any loss of audio in the event of an issue. There are now two different “Container” options. The new .mp4 is recommended, but the older .m4a option remains available.
- Major Enhancement: Capturing audio from the Slack application is now fully supported when Instant On is installed.
- Major Enhancement: The Instant On component has been updated to version 8.2.6, with a plethora of small fixes and improvements.
- Enhancement: The Menu Bar Meters block now has proper Retina art in the menu bar. Our long, blurry nightmare is finally over. As well, the desired meter type is now correctly saved.
- Enhancement: Files in the Recordings tab can now be right-clicked to access a contextual menu, offering controls for manipulating the recording.
- Enhancement: The Schedule area of the Home window will now visually indicate when conflicts exist between timers.
- Enhancement: The Time Shift block has been improved in several ways, fixing a display issue with large jumps, providing a better VoiceOver value, and improving the explanatory text.
- Enhancement: The default quality levels have been improved for both MP3 and AAC recordings.
- Enhancement: Presets for several blocks have been improved to save additional settings, including saving album art as part of Recorder block presets, saving all settings in the Application source block, and saving the specified channels in an Output block.
- Enhancement: When an audio device's name changes, Audio Hijack will immediately reflect the new name.
- Enhancement: A selected item in the Recordings area will now collapse if multiple files are selected. As well, Recordings (and Timers in the Schedule tab) will toggle between expanded and collapsed when clicked, as well as with the left and right arrow keys.
- Enhancement: Audio Hijack can convert .mp4 files to .m4a, for compatibility purposes. To access the conversion option, right-click the file in the Recordings area.
- Enhancement: VoiceOver improvements! When VoiceOver is active, a “Pin Popover Open” option is added to contextual menus for blocks. The popover window's role has also been adjusted, so popovers appear in VoiceOver's ‘Window Chooser'. Finally, labels for the “Close” and “Pin” buttons in popovers have been improved.
- Enhancement: AirPlay output device name changes are now better recognized, and a better title (“No AirPlay Receiver Selected”) is shown if AirPlay doesn't have a destination set.
- Bug Fix: The display of app names for background processes (accessible by holding option while clicking the Source select in an Application block) has been improved.
- Bug Fix: An issue where HE-AAC files could suffer from slow playback in the Recordings tab has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: The low-end Hz frequency readouts for the DeHum, Low Pass, and Mono Enhancer blocks no longer incorrectly round to the nearest 10 Hz.
- Bug Fix: A recursion where tokens in Recorder fields could refer back to one another and cause an infinite loop has been fixed.
- Bug Fix: A crash which could be caused by malformed ID3 tags has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: An issue where incompletely loaded windows could appear when importing a Session has been corrected.
- Other: Audio Hijack now better conveys why there's a delay if AAC files are finalized on quit.
- Other: Many smaller improvements have also been made, including better trial warning text in the Session's LCD, limiting the dimensions of saved album art (900x900px), cosmetic improvements to the Recordings tab, cosmetic improvements for missing audio devices, revised art for missing inputs, improved handling of playback via spacebar in the Recordings area, and improved popover placement near the menu bar.
Audio Hijack 3.2.3
Released on 2/15/16
- Major Enhancement: Instant On 8.2.3 is included, with several fixes for rare issues.
- Enhancement: Performance has been improved, with reductions in CPU usage.
- Enhancement: Recorder fields can now have variable tokens inserted via the contextual menu, which should be particularly helpful for VoiceOver users.
- Bug Fix: We've fixed audio playback off all files in the Recording tab. Previously, some files played at double speed, and that was weird!
- Bug Fix: On Mac OS X 10.9, the 10 Band EQ sliders will no longer appear upside-down. That was weird too!
- Bug Fix: An issue with WAV tags not being written correctly has been fixed.
- Bug Fix: A rare bug where number fields in the Recorder block could become empty, leading to an exception, has been fixed.
- Bug Fix: Attached popovers are now positioned correctly when Audio Hijack is re-opened.
- Bug Fix: The software update mechanism (powered by Sparkle) now runs securely over HTTPS.
- Other: The now-defunct Rdio has been removed from the default apps.
- Other: Improvements have been made to the way third-party Audio Units are handled.
- Other: There are many other small improvements, as usual.
Audio Hijack 3.2.2
Released on 1/21/16
- Major Enhancement: Instant On 8.2.2 is included, and improves the handling of devices from our new Loopback application.
- Enhancement: The appearance of the level meter's clipped indicator has been subtly tweaked.
- Enhancement: On Mac OS X 10.11, the system font will now be forced to use monospaced digits, which are vastly better looking.
- Bug Fix: We squished a bug where the “Open URL” field in the app popover was ignored after a new source app was selected.
- Bug Fix: Popovers will no longer incorrectly open off screen when screen sizes change.
- Bug Fix: An issue where Audio Hijack could prevent system idle sleep after a timer recording has been fixed.
- Other: Holding the shift key during launch now prevents session windows from re-opening. Holding the shift key when opening a session now prevents popovers from re-opening.
- Other: The LCD area now shows a discreet label indicating the audio chain's sample rate.
- Other: Audio Units are now reset on session start. This insures they won’t play old, leftover buffers of audio from a previous run (AUMatrixReverb could do this).
- Other: Audio Units are now uninitialized and then re-initialized when their sample rate is changed on session start. This works around a known issue with SonarWorks AU.
- Other: This update features many “under the hood” revisions. While the app will perform better overall, we expect that these changes will generally not be noticeable to users, but the app will perform better over all!
- Other: Additional logging for Audio Unit errors and scheduled recordings has been added.
- Other: There are many other small backend improvements which will hopefully be appreciated!
Audio Hijack 3.2.1
Released on 10/14/15
- Major Enhancement: When VoiceOver is running, the “VoiceOver” and “com.apple.speech” background apps are are automatically listed in a new section in the Source selector, to make it easier to select them for audio capture.
- Major Enhancement: The Instant On component has been updated to version 8.1.3, with full support for Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), as well as other minor fixes.
- Enhancement: Several additional VoiceOver improvements have been made to the Source menu found in Application Blocks. Shift-Space and Option-Space are now equivalent to option-clicking the menu, to reveal background sources, and the title of the Source menu is now properly read when tabbing to it. Thanks to all our VoiceOver users for their feedback!
- Enhancement: Audio Hijack now better handles missing audio devices, useful when devices are unplugged, and when Sessions are imported from another machine.
- Enhancement: Copying or importing sessions is now better handled to avoid confusing duplicate names.
- Bug Fix: We've worked around a crash-on-quit which could occur when using IKMultimedia's AudioUnit plugins.
- Bug Fix: Scrolling of the Home window is now improved in the Recordings and Schedule tabs.
- Bug Fix: Popovers now animate better, and are improved on El Capitan.
- Other: When a Block is turned off, it's now stopped entirely. In short, this leads things to behave logically and as expected.
- Other: When clicked, pinned popovers no longer bring forward their session (if Audio Hijack is in the foreground), nor other Audio Hijack windows (if Audio Hijack is in the background).
Audio Hijack 3.2.0
Released on 7/31/15
- Major Enhancement: The Time Shift Block has been updated with a more powerful new interface. Its popover now offers controls for 3, 10, and 30 second jumps. Better still, you can now access Time Shift from within any application, with global keyboard shortcuts. Audio Hijack's preferences now enable you to set hotkeys for pausing and resuming, jumping back and forward 10 seconds, and jumping to live.
- Major Enhancement: The Import and Export of Sessions has been greatly improved. Share Sessions with friends via the Session menu. Export your own Sessions to share, or import Sessions from others!
- Major Enhancement: The new Peak/RMS Meters Block provides precisely calibrated monitoring, with both RMS and Peak meters, a peak hold line, and a clip indicator.
- Major Enhancement: The new Sync Block lets you add a precise delay to the audio, of up to 1000 ms (1 second), per Block.
- Major Enhancement: The Instant On component has been updated to version 8.1, with initial support for Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
- Enhancement: The "Session Name" and "File Counter" variables are once again supported, for use in file names and metadata.
- Enhancement: Tags are now fully supported in FLAC files, and the Recordings tab now properly supports editing tags on FLAC audio files.
- Enhancement: Popover positions, as well as torn-off and pinned states, are now remembered and restored between launches.
- Enhancement: The Block library has been updated with a new Advanced section, and the Meters section has been moved up.
- Enhancement: The new Peak/RMS Meter is now used in the VOIP template.
- Enhancement: The Genre tag's popup menu now features a "<None>" option, to leave the field empty.
- Enhancement: Meters now run at a full 60 fps. Smooth, like butter!
- Bug Fix: Audio playback of FLAC files in the Recordings tab now works as expected.
- Bug Fix: Numeric tag fields can now be empty, rather than forcing a zero.
- Bug Fix: Error messages for recording issues have been improved. We don't expect that you'll ever see those anyway, though.
- Bug Fix: Deleted files now properly stop playing from the Recordings tab.
- Bug Fix: Improvements to the scheduler to handle rare edge cases will provide even more reliable timed recording.
- Bug Fix: When editing a tag in the Recordings tab, the tag will now be saved correctly even if action is taken while the tag is still in focus.
- Bug Fix: Repeating Timer descriptions now display days of week in the same order as the actual day of week buttons. It was pretty goofy that this wasn't always the case.
- Bug Fix: Popovers are now compatible with Mac OS X 10.11.
- Other: Audio Hijack now correctly requires Instant On when capturing QuickTime Player on Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
- Other: All Library sections except for Sources and Outputs now default to closed.
Audio Hijack 3.1.1
Released on 6/16/15
- Enhancement: Instant On 8.0.8 brings several improvements and fixes, including one for noise which could occur with devices running at high sample rates.
- Bug Fix: Additional fixes for high-sample rate devices mean unwanted noise will be eliminated for all types of audio capture.
- Bug Fix: Keyboard shortcuts, which could occasionally fail before, should now work at all times.
- Bug Fix: Performance when large quantities of Timers are in-use has been improved.
- Compatibility Fix: An incompatibility with Intermission has been corrected.
- Tweak: When a Session is closed, its popovers will be as well.
- Tweak: When the Actions button is clicked, it will toggle the state of the popover.
- Tweak: Keyboard shortcuts in Session window now work when full keyboard access or VoiceOver is used to navigate to the LCD or lower toolbar buttons.
- Tweak: The Home window tab order has been corrected for VoiceOver.
- Tweak: The Presets window now features a "Delete Preset" button, rather than just "Delete". Clarity!
Audio Hijack 3.1.0
Released on 5/29/15
- Major Enhancement: Audio Hijack again has a Silence Monitor, and that's golden! Head to the "File Limits" section of the Recorder Block, where you can control how Audio Hijack reacts to silence. Remove silence, start a new recording based on it, or end your recording entirely.
- Major Enhancement: The Recording tab of Audio Hijack's Home window now offers Actions! Highlight one or more recordings, then click the Actions button to quickly Reveal in the Finder, Edit in your chosen audio editor, Add to iTunes, or Share via the Mac OS X Share sheet.
- Major Enhancement: Audio Hijack now entirely avoids forced auto-ducking from sources like FaceTime and Mac OS X Dictation. It will also attempt to automatically correct any Sessions which used Volume Overdrive to work around the auto-ducking. In short, audio capture from FaceTime and Dictation works just as you'd expect.
- Major Enhancement: Audio Hijack is now smarter in dealing with missing and re-appearing audio devices. In addition, when a device is not plugged in, Audio Hijack will alert you so you can adjust your settings.
- Major Enhancement: AIFF and WAV recordings can now be made in higher sample rates, with support for 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, and 192 kHz.
- Critical Bug Fix: Audio Hijack now correctly alerts you when the Instant On extra is required. Previously, Audio Hijack could simply fail to capture audio, and that was far from ideal. We recommend that all users install Instant On, but now when it's required, you'll know.
- Enhancement: Audio Hijack's Preferences window now offers the ability to select a companion audio editor to show up in the aforementioned Actions control. We recommend our own editor Fission, of course, but any editor may be chosen. Option-click to reset this preference.
- Enhancement: Audio Hijack now works around an issue where QuickTime Player on Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) would refuse to auto-play audio.
- Enhancement: Keyboard control has been expanded for quick access to important recording controls. Turn off all Recordings in a Session with Commmand-K. Pause all Recordings with Command-B. Split all Recordings with Command-T. Nice!
- Enhancement: Several minor cosmetic improvements have been made, including fixes for icons in the App Source popup and flickering in the Recording tab.
- Enhancement: Errors and Messages have been updated and improved for clarity.
- Enhancement: Tooltips and VoiceOver descriptions have also been improved throughout the app.
- Enhancement: Default recording names in templates have been improved.
- Bug Fix: Certain rare and unsupported combinations of AAC settings which previously caused an error are now correctly limited in the UI. The HE-AAC checkbox can also now be edited when a Recorder block is off.
- Bug Fix: Some issues where Audio Hijack could crash on quit have been corrected.
- Bug Fix: Audio Hijack now better handles system sleep when recording.
- Bug Fix: The Channel Tweaker effect no longer incorrectly doubles volume when set to "mono".
- Other: There's all sorts of additional tiny improvements and fixes. As usual, we recommend getting the latest version right away!
- Other: The File Limits area has been updated to handle decimals properly.
- Other: The Recorder block now has a "Stopped" state, shown when a File Limit is reached or the Block is turned off.
Audio Hijack 3.0.5
Released on 3/23/15
- Critical Bug Fix: This update fixes a thankfully rare issue, where timers could break and begin to behave inconsistently.
Audio Hijack 3.0.4
Released on 3/22/15
- Critical Bug Fix: A regression introduced in version 3.0.3, which caused certain timers to incorrectly not trigger, has been corrected. All timers should now function as expected.
Audio Hijack 3.0.3
Released on 3/19/15
- Major Enhancement: Overall latency in Audio Hijack has been massively reduced, and improvements to prevent latency from growing have been made as well. If you had issues with latency previously, please test this new version.
- Critical Bug Fix: Due to faulty logic, on days when clocks changed for Daylight Saving Time, timers previously suffered from off-by-one-hour issues. This has now been corrected, so timers will work correctly on all days of the year.
- Enhancement: The finalization of AAC and ALAC recordings is greatly improved. Files are named correctly after splits, and the finalization of longer files is better handled.
- Enhancement: The Recordings and Schedule tabs now feature "Delete Recording(s)" and "Delete Timer(s)" buttons respectively, to make it much more obvious how to delete these items.
- Bug Fix: An issue where a popover could come down with an uncontrollable case of the jiggles has been corrected. It may have looked funny, but it was certainly not correct!
- Bug Fix: Multiple selection of items in the Recordings and Schedule now works as expected.
- Workaround: Improvements have been made to prevent some AudioUnit plugins from crashing Audio Hijack, including plugins from IK Multimedia.
- Other: Various other minor interface improvements, including preventing unnecessary scrolling in the Library, updating highlight colors, tweaking the schedule layout slightly, adding a "No Presets" view when the last preset is deleted, and improving editing of an active timer.
Audio Hijack 3.0.2
Released on 2/15/15
- Critical Bug Fix: We've fixed an issue where App Nap could affect recordings, particularly unattended recordings, resulting in incomplete or incorrect audio. If you experienced any issues with incomplete recordings, this update should cure things.
- Enhancement: Recorder settings can now be tweaked when a Recorder block is off, regardless of the state of the Session (running or not).
- Enhancement: Instant On 8.0.6 is included, bringing minor bug fixes.
- Bug Fix: The Recordings tab will now update titles to reflect file name or title tag changes, as well as other tag changes.
- Bug Fix: If Instant On is not installed, dragging a System Audio block into a running Session will now not pop a whole mess of errors. Nice, huh?
- Bug Fix: Session names will now properly update at all times.
- Other: When the trial limitations occur, the app will now bring itself forward for added clarity.
- Other: The "Check for News" menu item is now properly available when needed.
- Other: Session windows now properly remember to re-open on launch, and the Home window now opens behind other Session windows on launch, not in front of them.
- Other: An issue where animations could incorrectly be disabled has been corrected.
- Other: The "Open URL" field is now only editable when the checkbox is on.
- Other: The text of the Ducking block has been updated in an attempt at greater clarity. Its functionality is unchanged.
- Other: It is no longer possible to delete in-progress recordings. That was weird, so we no longer allow it.
- Other: Previously, there was a complex and confusing issue where splitting AAC or ALAC files could eventually result in a file winding up mis-named and a directory higher than it should have been. A preliminary fix to avoid the issue is now in place.
Audio Hijack 3.0.1
Released on 1/28/15
- Enhancement: When a Session is running, Recorder Blocks now show "Stopped" on their face when a File Limit is hit or the Block is turned off.
- Enhancement: The "Line2" and "Zoom" apps are now supported as VoIP input sources.
- Critical Bug Fix: An issue where audio could get crackly and eventually stop playing through properly has been fixed.
- Critical Bug Fix: A rare but serious bug where Audio Hijack could pinwheel and die at the end of a recording has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: We crushed an irritating bug where text fields in the Recordings tab would lose focus with each keystroke.
- Bug Fix: Importing of old Sessions is now more robust, and correctly imports all timers and tags.
- Bug Fix: Improvements to latency have been made, particularly to prevent latency growth. Further improvements to latency issues are expected in future versions.
- Enhancement: The default file name for recordings has been updated to include date and time tokens.
- Enhancement: Ducking now quickly fades audio in and out, rather than doing hard, instant adjustments.
- Bug Fix: Recorders which hit a File Limit will now correctly resume after either the Block or the Session is toggled off and back on.
- Bug Fix: A disabled timer could stop a recording currently being made by another timer. That is really silly, and now, it's gone.
- Bug Fix: Variables in Recorder Block tags and file names are now properly expanded, to fix both omitted fields and issues with expansion.
- Bug Fix: When a Recorder Block has variables in multiple fields which refer to one another, this is now handled sensibly. As well, variables in Recorder Block tags can no longer incorrectly refer back to themselves.
- Bug Fix: A rare issue where Blocks could leave, well, droppings, has been corrected. Honestly, it looked like the Block had defecated. It was hilarious, but wrong.
- Bug Fix: Recorder presets now correctly save all settings and tags (excluding artwork).
- Bug Fix: Tooltips were sometimes lagging behind reality, but they've been given a speed boost.
- Bug Fix: Editing controls in some Audio Unit plugin views would cause the popover to drag. No more!
- Bug Fix: 24-bit Wav recordings now work as expected.
- Accessibility improvement: The first block pasted into the Audio Grid is now properly selected and described by VoiceOver.
- Accessibility improvement: The disclosure buttons for advanced sections in popovers and library sub-sections are now skipped by VoiceOver. These sections automatically expand on VoiceOver-interact. The buttons were poorly described, and of no value to VoiceOver users.
- Accessibility improvement: Schedule times were incorrectly read by VoiceOver, which could be very, very confusing! They'll now be read correctly.
- Accessibility improvement: The "Hide Library" button (which hides the library from VoiceOver navigation, as well as visually) is now correctly labeled for VoiceOver.
- Accessibility improvement: Animations of blocks adding, deleting, or moving Blocks are now disabled when VoiceOver is in use, to avoiding confusing VoiceOver. Animations resume when Audio Hijack is restarted.
Audio Hijack 3.0
Released on 1/20/15
- Holy Wow! Audio Hijack 3 is a completely redesigned upgrade to all previous Audio Hijack apps. If you've ever purchased a product called "Audio Hijack", you can upgrade to Audio Hijack 3 with a great discount. Nice!
- Session Templates - For a quick way to begin common tasks, look no further than Session Templates. Common tasks in Audio Hijack are now faster than ever.
- Multiple Recorders in One Session - Want to record to both the MP3 and AIFF formats at once, or record different sources in sync? Just add multiple Recorder Blocks to get multiple files!
- Bulletproof Audio Recording - Every format in Audio Hijack is now bulletproof, so even if your computer crashes, you'll never lose a recording again.
- Denoise, Declick, Dehum - Clean up dirty audio with these custom audio effects, powered by audio technology licensed from industry leader iZotope.
- Simplified Audio Effects - Harness the power of audio effects without needing a degree in audio engineering.
- Audio Block Presets - Saving presets for an Equalizer is obvious, but how about other settings? With Audio Hijack 3's new presets, you can save configurations for almost every Block, then instantly use them in other Sessions.
- Improved Instant On - Capture audio from already-running apps, as well as all System Audio at once. If you haven't looked at Audio Hijack for a while, you'll be thrilled to see that installation and updates to Instant On no longer require a restart.
- Streamlined Recording Options - Audio Hijack offers a half-dozen sensible defaults for recording. Of course, if you're looking for powerful recording options, they're still available too.
- FLAC Recording - Audiophiles will be thrilled to record directly into the lossless FLAC format.
- HE-AAC Recording Too - Audio Hijack can now record in the high-efficiency AAC (HE-AAC) format as well.
- Full-Screen Mode - Whether configuring a tricky Session or focusing on a recording, going full-screen helps you focus.
- Massively Improved Accessibility - We know many visually impaired users love Audio Hijack, and we've worked hard to make it fully accessible with Apple's VoiceOver.
- The Ducking Effect - With this effect, one signal can automatically be ducked under another, based on input levels.
- The Time Shift Effect - Still in its infancy, this effect enables you to pause and delay audio in your chain. Pause audio entirely, jump backwards or forwards 10 seconds, or jump back to Live.
- The New Volume Effect - Overdrive audio to maximize the output from small speakers like those found on laptops.
- Full Cocoa Audio Unit Support - We've cut VST, LADSPA and older Carbon and 32-bit Audio Unit effects, but you can still add on modern (64-bit Cocoa) third-party Audio Unit plugins.
- Control-click an Audio Unit's block to select the generic interface, if the plugin's custom interface is not desired. This can be especially helpful for visually impaired users.
- Output Device Blocks include a built-in monitor control for output volumes. Adjust this to lower the volume locally, without affecting your recording.
- Quick access to your recording location is now available right in the Recorder block, by clicking the magnifying glass.
- Some rarely-used ID3 tags were culled. If you miss them, sorry!
- Audio Effects now look great, and work great too.
- The Channels effect (a replacement for Channel Tweaker) is far simpler to understand.
- So very much more - this update is so massive, we don't have room to list all of the changes!
- Audio Hijack now requires Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or higher. If you're still on 10.8 (or lower), be sure to see our Legacy page.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.11.4
Released on 10/28/14
- Audio Hijack Pro can now capture Phone Relay audio from FaceTime on Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite). Just select FaceTime and Record!
- Instant On 8.0.3 improves compatibility with Accessibility's VoiceOver function, fixes several small issues with sound effects device handling, and improves the backend.
- An AppleScript regression, which caused issues with the 'audio recording format', 'timer actions', 'silence monitor action', and 'file size limit' classes, has been fixed. Note that scripts which specify Timer Actions may require updating.
- Developer News no longer loads if the "Check For Updates" preference is turned off.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.11.3
Released on 9/19/14
- Audio capture of Safari 7.1 on Mac OS X 10.9.5 has been restored. Excellent!
- An extremely rare issue where audio from iTunes could be lost when toggling videos between full-screen and windowed mode has been fixed. It was weird, and hard to track down, but it's gone now!
Audio Hijack Pro 2.11.2
Released on 8/28/14
- Latency be gone! We've made improvements to limit latency of processed audio during long audio device capture sessions, and also to prevent static and skips.
- The "Quit Source" checkbox used by Timers was not functioning correctly. It does now.
- An issue where the toolbar could be cut off in some effects has now been corrected.
- Audio Hijack Pro's AppleScript controls now better support the Cocoa standard suite.
- The License window has been updated, to handle upgrades. It will now show a "Discounted Upgrade" screen to anyone with an older license key.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.11.1
Released on 8/8/14
- An emergency update, necessitated by immediate changes Apple has made to their Gatekeeper system, restores compatibility on Mac OS X 10.9.5 and higher.
- The ability to capture Text to Speech audio has been restored, after being briefly broken by recent changes.
- The Source popup has been improved to better filter background processes.
- Many other small bugs have been fixed.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.11.0
Released on 7/23/14
- Audio Hijack Pro now has initial compatibility with Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite).
- The Instant On component has been updated to version 8, with support for Yosemite. This update provides several improvements and bug fixes.
- It's now possible to capture multiple instances of System Audio at once.
- Code-signing is now checked during software update.
- Many other small bugs have been fixed.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.11
Released on 6/5/14
- The Instant On component has been updated to version 7.2.1, to prevent it from loading on incompatible operating systems, such as those named after national parks.
- We've improved the selection of hidden apps, when holding down the option key while clicking the Source selector.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.10
Released on 5/22/14
- The Instant On component has been updated to version 7.2, with improvements in latency and other fixes.
- The Application Source selector has been improved to better show which apps can be captured.
- Capturing audio from applications which are pulling from audio devices should now have much lower latency.
- An issue where Safari audio capture could fail on non-English systems has been fixed.
- Support for audio capture from the Citrix GoToMeeting VoIP app has been improved.
- Previously, saving large artwork files in AIFF/WAV could cause a crash. That is no longer true.
- The license window now correctly shows long license keys.
- We disabled erroneous editing in the mailing list window. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW, RANDOM INTERNET COMMENTER?! Sorry, sorry, got a bit carried away there.
- Several other small bugs and crashes have been fixed.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.9
Released on 12/20/13
- Audio Hijack Pro now has initial compatibility with Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks).
- The audio capture engine has been completely overhauled. Audio capture from some sources may behave differently than it did previously. Please adjusted the revised "Advanced" settings as needed, and contact us with feedback.
- The Instant On component has been updated to version 7.1.2, with full support for Mavericks. This update provides improvements to System Audio capture and audio capture from Safari.
- Audio Hijack Pro now has full VoIP capture support for Microsoft Lync.
- Audio capture of Safari now correctly requires the Instant On component.
- The License window has been overhauled, with HTML. Neat!
- The app now has a hidden "Check for News" option, accessible by pressing option while in the "Audio Hijack Pro" menu.
- Custom file extensions are again properly preserved for AAC files.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.8
Released on 6/26/13
- Audio Hijack Pro now requires Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and up.
- A minor cosmetic issue with the Open URL field has been fixed.
- The preference for installing updates automatically is now on by default. The user is shown this the first time, however, and has a chance to turn it off.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.7
Released on 4/11/13
- The Instant On component has been updated to version 6.0.3, fixing several small issues including one related to the Amarra iTunes plug-in.
- We've fixed a crash which could occur when the source application was quit while audio was being captured from it. Phew!
- The "Add To iTunes as Bookmarkable" script would sometimes fail. Now, it should always work. Or at the very least, work more often.
- Some AIFF files could not be read by iTunes 11.0.0 and iTunes 11.0.1, due to a bug on Apple's end. That bug was reported to Apple and is fixed in iTunes 11.0.2 and up. Nevertheless, we've worked around it as well.
- Sometimes, large artwork caused Audio Hijack Pro to crash. Those days are behind us.
- The AppleScript dictionary now properly allows for scripting WAV recording.
- Audio Hijack Pro now writes WAV tags differently, and hopefully, better(ly).
- An issue where the discrete GPU in some laptops could turn on unnecessarily has been corrected.
- Audio capture has been made more robust, thanks to fascinating changes like "don't keep trying to hijack a process if it has been removed or already hijacked" and "fix hang where dispatch queue exceeds 64 thread limit from hijacking sandboxed subprocesses". Nearly impenetrable! But all you need to know is that audio capture is more reliable than ever.
- A rare issue with Recording hotkeys has been corrected, making it possible to use Option in shortcuts.
- Several other small bug fixes have been made.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.6
Released on 11/16/12
- The Instant On component has been updated to version 6.0.2, fixing several small issues and improving audio capture of VMWare Fusion and other apps.
- Audio capture from Zoiper and Bria 3 has been improved.
- AIFF recordings now use ID3 tags, matching iTunes (AIFF specification be damned!).
- A bug where the 'Quit Audio Hijack Pro' option could cause future timers to fail to schedule has been fixed.
- Multiple problems with AppleScript support have been taken care of: Recording now stops when Hijacking stops in scripts, and the Joint Stereo setting for recording now works.
- A bug where 4FX plugin instances would not correctly show in the Effects area has been corrected.
- Audio capture from iSight cameras has been restored.
- Software updates have been improved, with automatic downloads and install on quit, based on a newer version of Sparkle.
- Several other small bug fixes have been made.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.5
Released on 7/30/12
- Audio capture of Safari, QuickTime Player, FaceTime, and Messages is now possible on Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) without requiring the Instant On component.
- The Instant On component has been updated to version 6.0.1, which fixes several small issues. The update comes in addition to Instant On 6.0, which including improvements to System Audio capture and support for Mac OS X 10.8.
- A crash which could occur if a custom install of libFLAC existed has been fixed.
- The Factory Reset functionality has been corrected to work properly on Mountain Lion.
- Audio Hijack Pro is now signed as part of Apple's Developer ID program, for compatibility with Gatekeeper.
- To avoid triggering an alarming (and overzealous) warning on Mac OS X 10.8, the support form no longer helpfully auto-fills user information based on the Me card.
- Several other small bug fixes have been made.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.4
Released on 6/26/12
- The Instant On component has been updated to version 6, with improvements to System Audio capture and more. This update also includes preliminary support for Mac OS X 10.8.
- For maximum compatibility, the Instant On component is now required for capturing audio from apps made by Fluid.
- On Mac OS X 10.8, the Instant On component is now required for audio capture from Safari and QuickTime Player.
- Audio Hijack Pro now includes the in-window Trial Mode badge.
- Audio Hijack Pro now has a one-time sign-up for the Rogue Amoeba mailing list.
- Several other minor problems have also been fixed.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.3
Released on 3/22/12
- Instant On has been updated to version 5.0.2, with full support for capturing audio from sandboxed applications from the Mac App Store and other sources. This update also fixes a potential conflict with Qt-based applications, including Sibelius.
- A regression which affected audio capture from older versions of Skype (specifically, Skype 2.x) has been corrected.
- The LAME MP3 recording engine has been updated to 3.98.4.
- A bug where Audio Hijack Pro could inadvertently create hundreds of files on long recordings has been corrected.
- Audio Hijack Pro's auto-split settings have been reverted to those used in 2.10.0 and before. Specifically, recordings are automatically split if they reach 2 GB in size or 24 hours in length.
- Many bug fixes have been applied to the hijacker.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.2
Released on 2/7/12
- Instant On has been updated to version 5.0.1, with full support for capturing audio from sandboxed applications from the Mac App Store and other sources. This update also fixes a very rare startup issue.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.1
Released on 2/5/12
- Instant On has been updated to version 5.0, with full support for capturing audio from sandboxed applications from the Mac App Store and other sources.
- Multi-Process mode is now used for many applications, allowing for improved audio capture.
- Pulling audio from input devices now uses the preferred stereo channels (as set in Audio MIDI Setup), instead of always using channels 1 & 2.
- A hidden Developer News window, to issue important alerts when required, is now included.
- Hidden prefs are now available in the Debugging window.
- A crash caused by a bug in 10.7 (ProcessInformationCopyDictionary crash) has been worked around.
- Recordings are now auto-split at 13.5 hours.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.0
Released on 9/9/11
- Audio Hijack Pro can now capture all System Audio, as well as grab audio from already-running applications, on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). This is accomplished with Instant On 4.1, which can be installed through the "Install Extras" window, under the Audio Hijack Pro menu.
- Specific improvements have been made for capturing audio from Spotify and QuickTime Player
- AppleScripts which are triggered when a recording finishes now run on their own thread instead of in their own process. Script users should test their scripts to ensure they still function as expected.
- An incompatibility with Google Talk has been fixed.
- A bug where the VoiceOver effect would produce silence on Lion
when the buffer was set to "Low" has been corrected.
- Sessions now correctly remember if they were set to use the "Multi-Process" hijacker.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.9.13
Released on 7/19/11
- Additional preliminary bug fixes for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) have been made. Full Lion support is still forthcoming.
- AppleScripts are now run on background threads. Users with custom AppleScripts should test them to ensure they still function as expected.
- Audio Hijack Pro no longer incorrectly attempts to load iTea plugins.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.9.12
Released on 6/18/11
- With Instant On installed, Audio Hijack Pro no longer requires relaunching Safari in 32-bit mode to capture audio.
- Audio Hijack Pro can now capture audio from Google Chrome and Firefox 4 with no additional setup needed.
- Audio Hijack Pro now supports recording to the WAV audio format.
- The Instant On component has been updated to version 3.0.2, to fix a rare crashing bug.
- Some preliminary bug fixes for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) have been made. Full Lion support is still forthcoming.
- Many small bugs have also been fixed.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.9.11
Released on 2/8/11
- An issue where the Instant On component could fail to install properly has been fixed. If you receive a notice of an update to Instant On, be sure to install it.
- A bug where effects were not applied to local playback of System Audio has been corrected.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.9.10
Released on 2/1/11
- Audio Hijack Pro now requires Mac OS X 10.6.
- The updated Instant On component works better than ever to capture audio from running applications, as well as all System Audio.
- The Install Extras window has been improved for easier use.
- A bug affecting recording from many headsets has been fixed. This will result in improved recording from Logitech headsets and Blue Snowball microphones.
- A bug where recording AAC files could hang on completion has been fixed.
- Recording no longer prevents displays from sleeping.
- A bug where timers would attempt to fire even if their date had passed has been fixed.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.9.9
Released on 1/15/11
- An issue affecting hijacking from both Skype 2.8 and Skype 5 has been corrected. Audio Hijack Pro is now once again full compatible with all versions of Skype.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.9.8
Released on 1/6/11
- Audio Hijack Pro has been improved for full compatibility with Skype 5.
- The Instant Hijack component has been updated to 2.2.8, to fix an installation issue.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.9.7
Released on 9/1/10
- The Instant Hijack component has been updated to 2.2.7, which fixes several small bugs.
- The LAME MP3 recording engine has been updated to 3.98.4.
- The VoiceOver plugin now defaults to a lower buffer size, for reduced latency.
- A bug where deleting a session which was recording could cause a crash has been corrected.
- A bug with the Minimize to Menubar Record option has been corrected.
- A bug where HotKeys failed if they included the 'A' key (yes, really) has been corrected.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.9.6
Released on 11/7/09
- The Instant Hijack component has been updated to 2.2.5, which fixes a rare incompatibility with Adobe Version Cue.
- The Recording Bin now calculates file durations more precisely.
- The 'Add To iTunes as Bookmarkable' script has been made more robust.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.9.5
Released on 10/8/09
- The Instant Hijack component, used to capture audio from already-running applications, has been updated to 2.2.3 to fix a crash with quicklookd that could occur on some machines running Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- An error that would appear when an empty file was recorded has been corrected.
- A false 'waiting for sample rate' error that could be thrown has been corrected.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.9.4
Released on 9/23/09
- The Instant Hijack component, used to capture audio from already-running applications, has been updated to 2.2.2 to fix an extremely rare crash.
- A bizarre bug causing licenses keys containing the sequence "2222" to be rejected has been fixed.
- An NSRangeException on Mac OS X 10.6 preventing the deletion of a session has been corrected.
- A bug where the Add to iTunes as Bookmarkable script might run perpetually has been fixed.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.9.3
Released on 9/10/09
- Audio Hijack Pro is now fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- Audio Hijack Pro now uses Instant Hijack 2.2.1 to capture audio from already-running applications.
- The Soundflower Extra, used to power System Audio capture, has been updated to version 1.5.1.
- Software update check now sends the processor architecture to the server.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.9.2
Released on 7/30/09
- Audio Hijack Pro now uses Instant Hijack 2.2
- A bug which could cause AAC recordings not to start has been fixed.
- The "Add to iTunes" script has now been cured of all known failures.
- An issue with non-functioning Quick Record hot keys has been corrected.
- The Recording Bin's Inspector is now better about saving changes.
- On Mac OS X 10.4, Audio Hijack Pro now installs the latest compatible version of Soundflower, 1.3.1.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.9.1
Released on 2/9/09
- Audio Hijack Pro now uses Instant Hijack 2.1.1, fixing a crashing bug with 64-bit processes.
- Extras: Older versions of the Soundflower Extra are now properly handled.
- Recording Bin: A bug where the Inspector would incorrectly report bitrates has been fixed.
- Hijacker: A bug where applications without bundle IDs would not hijack has been fixed.
- Performance: A bug where a large amount of timers would cause AHP to launch slowly has been fixed.
- Interface: Several small tweaks for better VoiceOver support have been made.
- Interface: Hotkeys now affect the Quick Record area only, instead of creating new sessions.
- Interface: Many non-urgent errors are now reported in non-modal windows.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.9
Released on 12/29/08
- Improved and polished user interface, including a global status LCD and updated Recording Bin with file inspector
- ID3 tags for recordings can now be edited in the Recording Bin, using the Inspector
- Fixes a bug introduced in Mac OS X 10.5.6, which could cause a crash with the Recording Bin
- Now includes Soundflower 1.4.2, for grabbing System Audio
- The Artwork tag is now supported, for adding art to recordings
- Timers: Now support scripts for post-processing
- Recording: Now uses the LAME 3.9.8-2 MP3 encoding engine for recording MP3s
- Hijacker: Better compatability with several applications (more Auto-MegaMixing)
- AppleScript: Using scripts with Audio Hijack Pro that use the 'do shell script' command now behave as expected
- Many small bugs fixed and memory leaks removed.
Audio Hijack Pro 2.8.3
Released on 8/4/08
- MegaMix mode has been improved for use with VoIP apps like Skype and iChat
- Fixed a rare issue with timers ending at midnight
Audio Hijack Pro 2.8.2
Released on 7/17/08
- Hijacking: Instant Hijack updated to 2.1, with 64-bit hijacking support. Also fixes crashing bugs on G3/G4s
- Hijacking: Fixed long-standing bug where hijacker would cause audio skips when under heavy CPU load
- Hijacking: When in MegaMix mode, Effects will now correctly play through
- Hijacking: Fixed regression where Exclude List would not be honored
- Effects: Balance no longer Pans, but properly Balances
- Other: Many memory leak fixes
- Other: Updated to Sparkle 1.5b
- Effects: Added new "Pan" plugin
- auverse: Now using LAME 3.98b8
- AHP: Fixed a warning when AppleScript dictionary was loaded
- AHKit: QuitSource now attempts to force quit if normal quitting failed
- AHP: Added Adv. Options for System Audio, with IncludeAlertSounds option
- AHP: Added recordingEncoderName hidden preference
- AHP: Fixed AddToiTunes to not add files twice
- AHP: Fixed bug where seperate sessions would not show overlapping timers
- AHP: Schedule Helper prompting now shows up if SH disappears from the system for some reason
- SH: fixed failure to cancel power events for nil trigger date
Audio Hijack Pro 2.8.1
Released on 3/19/08
- Includes Instant Hijack 2.0.3, to fix an incompatibility between Apple Security Update 2008-002 on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and the Instant Hijack component, which caused ssh and related commands to crash.
- Soundflower 1.3.1
- AudioDevices: Multi-channel devices now honor preferred stereo channels
- Hijacker: Now with GarbageCollected application
- Hijacker: Fixed bug with Front Row hijacking
- RecordingBin: Burning now correctly allows Erasing of re-writable media
Audio Hijack Pro 2.8
- Full support for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), including Instant Hijack support
- Instant Hijack 2, with Leopard support, MultiHijack, and more
- Now uses Sparkle for version updates
- Fixed potential crash when ending a System Audio source
- Fixed possible hijack failure when hijacking Rosetta applications
- Application icon now avaliable in 512px for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
- Fixed low bitrate AAC recording under QuickTime 7.3 or later
- Fixed possible corrupt audio bug when hijacking using MegaMix
- Can now hijack non-WindowServer based processes with Instant Hijack
- Hijacking of FrontRow.app now works as expected on 10.5 (requires Instant Hijack)
- Fixed bug where ADB keyboards could cause an characterAtIndex: exception to be thrown when pressing the Power key (really)
- Improved Full Keyboard support in the Tags view
- Better VoiceOver support in the Session List on 10.5
- Fixed possible corrupt audio bug when hijacking using MegaMix
- Track Total and Disc Total tags now work even if no Track Number or Disc Number tag is given on AAC files
- Fixed bug where non-ASCII ID3 tags would sometimes be truncated
Audio Hijack Pro 2.8 Preview 3
Released on 3/19/08
- Improved the reliability of hijacking emulated (Rosetta) applications
- Fixed a bug where post-processing scripts would sometimes not run for AAC files
Audio Hijack Pro 2.8 Preview 2
Released on 11/16/07
- Various bug fixes and improvements for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
- Fixed low-bitrate AAC recording problem on 10.5 and/or QT7.3
- Fixed sample rate bug in AAC recorder that'd generate bad recordings
- Fixed broken AppleScript support on 10.5
- Fixed bug where text fields sometimes failed to select
- Updated Dashboard wording for 10.5
- Added 512px icon
Audio Hijack Pro 2.8 Preview 1
Released on 10/26/07
- Various bug fixes and improvements for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
- Now supports MultiHijack (hijacking the same program more then once)
- Expanded MegaMix options for grabbing only inputs and outputs
- Mute now works when in MegaMix mode
- Web browsers now automatically set to MegaMix, outputs only
- Extras: Instant Hijack updated to v1.5
- Extras: Schedule Helper updated to v1.0.7
- Bookmarkable options moved to "Add to iTunes as Bookmarkable" post-processing script
- Additional tags supported (Grouping, Composer, Album Artist, Track Count, Disc Count, Disc, BPM, Compilation)
- Post-processing scripts now called with list of files instead of a single file path
- Now only brings target to the foreground if not previously open
- Now correctly sets the Encoder tag
- Updated some scripts to use Automator now
- Fixed bug where Recorder would occasionally stop if the Output Folder was missing
- MP3 files have creator code set to 'hook'
- Effects: Fixed bug where Equalizer could use excessive amounts of CPU
- Radio: Fixed bug where wrong RadioShark could be used if multiple ones are present
- Radio: RadioShark 2 now supports tuning down to 76.1mhz
- AppleScript: 'Duplicate' command now supported for Sessions
- AppleScript: Fixed bug when setting MP3 format
- Other: Revised Help menu
- Other: Soundflower installer now better at installing updates
- Other: Now requires Mac OS X 10.4+
Audio Hijack Pro 2.7.3
Released on 6/7/07
- Updated to Soundflower 1.2.1
- Fixed crash at launch caused by a conflict with the LADSPA / VST Bridge plugin
Audio Hijack Pro 2.7.2
Released on 3/27/07
- Fixed a crashing bug when adjusting the Editor preference
Audio Hijack Pro 2.7.1
Released on 11/28/06
- Improved AAC recording compatibility with iPod Shuffle 2G
- Default MP3 recording formats are now VBR instead of CBR
- Improved AIFF tag compatibility other non-standard AIFF implementations
- Two new name format variables "%frmt_U" for day of week number and "%frmt_s for unix timestamp
- Correctly honors RadioShark.app light preference
- RadioShark 2 support
- Correctly works on 10.3 again
- "Set selection" now supported
- Deleting from the Recording Bin now supported
- "Unpause" command now works correctly again
- Attempted to fix an incompatibility between Audio HIjack Pro and Ardour
- Application Mixer now correctly remembers it's Advanced settings
- Channel Tweaker now has new "Invert Phase" mode
- PipeDream now supports Little Endian output mode
- Updated to LAME v3.9.7
- Updated to Soundflower v1.2
- Updated to SmartCrashReporter v1.2.1
- Audio Editor preference now compatible with some older types of Carbon applications
- New About Box
Audio Hijack Pro 2.7
Released on 7/31/06
- Now record Skype, iChat, and Gizmo audio with a single click!
- Lyrics tag now available
- include Lyrics or Notes in recordings
- Enhanced Preview functionality in the Recording Bin
- RadioShark (AM/FM Radio) improvements, including improved tuning quality and optional manual tuning for added precision
- Send files to any audio editor, right from Audio Hijack Pro's Recording Bin
- Simpler preset recording options
- Updated Schedule Helper component to version 1.0.6
- Many minor additions and bug fixes
Audio Hijack Pro 2.6.7
Released on 6/7/06
- MP3 now does Stereo recording as well as Joint Stereo
- Optional Minimize To Menu Bar preference, to place Audio Hijack Pro in the Menu Bar instead of the Dock (OS X 10.4 only)
- Updated to Instant Hijack 1.3.3 with full Intel Chip
- Based Mac (ICBM) support
- Updated to Smart Crash Reports 1.2 with full ICBM support
- Updated Schedule Helper component to version 1.0.5
- Start Every/Stop After controls now support finer resolution
- Now uses LAME 3.97b2
Audio Hijack Pro 2.6.6
Released on 3/13/06
- Official Intel Chip
- Based Mac (ICBM) support
- Can now pull audio from applications running under Rosetta emulation
- Smart Crash Reports version 1.1 beta 1
- Updated to Instant Hijack Server 1.3.2 (PPC Only)
- AHP2: Attempted to fix PTTabView keyDown crash
- AppMixer: Now reports Errors in a Message
- Behaves better when dealing with files on network volumes
- Schedule Helper v 1.0.4: Now powers on (when needed) five minutes
Audio Hijack Pro 2.6.5
Released on 3/1/06
- Now a Universal Build, with beta support for Intel Macs
- Audio Devices: Fixed bug where a missing audio device would sometimes revert to the Default system device
- Radio Devices: RadioShark AM tuning now closer to Griffin's
- Widgets: Fixed bug where hijacking a widget could sometimes fail
- Recorder: Now defaults to the Desktop if the output folder is missing
- Recorder: Now supports tagging of AIFF files
- Interface: New Tab Style
- Interface: Schedule table now sortable
- Effects: Master Gain now has range of 0 to 200%
- Effects: Fixed bug where VST plugins wouldn't responds to clicks sometimes
- Misc: Now requires 10.3.9
- Misc: Fixed startup crashing bug related to the Recording Bin
- Schedule Helper v 1.0.3: Now will both automatically wake machine from sleep, or power them on, as required
Audio Hijack Pro 2.6.5 (Public Beta)
Released on 1/27/06
- Now a Universal Build, with beta support for Intel Macs
Audio Hijack Pro 2.6.4
Released on 12/24/05
- Updated Schedule Helper to version 1.0.2
- Fixed Crash On Quit bug
Audio Hijack Pro 2.6.3
Released on 12/22/05
- Improved hijacking under high CPU use
- Improved behavior of Split-On-Silence
- Schedule Helper bug fixes
- Fixed bug with Recording Bin
- based crashes
- AHKit: AHHjackedSource now attempts auto
- reconnect upon ah_cl disconnects
- AHKit: Fixed typo in HijackOptions window
- AHKit: Hijacker status polling now controlled by policy delegate
- AHKit: Now better about knowing when an ExtraInstaller is avaliable
- AHKit: Now shows error when hijacking un
- open widgets
- AHKit: Recorder now doesnt totatly fail when working with unix FIFOs
- AHP2: Disk Status now ignores /dev volumes
- auverse/aurec doesnt split at initial silence now
- Extras: Made window title match menu item name
- Plugins: Fixed VU Meters window title
- PT: Added Emulation launch alert
- PT: Another attempt at fixing PTFileRef crasher
- PT: Reg window new background plate
- SH/AHP: attempted fix for potential startup deadlock
- sw4fx/framework: fixed broken editor bypass button pics
- sw4fxPatchViews: New Editor Disabled button
Audio Hijack Pro 2.6.2
Released on 10/27/05
- auverse/rbuffer: finally fixed the oldest crashing bug ever
- libah: increased timeouts in ah_serv
- SH: bug fixes, more logging
- AHP2: moved recording bin to use aliases
- AHP2: Dock icon now has recording badge
- AHP2: QuickRecord forces off Stopper/Splitter
- AHP2: Disk Status window now better about picking up only Local volumes
- AHKit: AHHijackedSource now actively detects libah disconnects
- AHKit: made timers trigger if app launched in the middle
- AHKit: Fixed bug where hijacking widgets could sometimes fail
Audio Hijack Pro 2.6.1
Released on 9/23/05
- Fixed issues with Schedule Helper and Tiger, where SH wasn't faceless as it should be
Audio Hijack Pro 2.6
Released on 9/20/05
- Bookmarkable MP3s
- Adjustable MP3 Sample Rate
- Bookmarks: Now shows iTunes streams
- Recorder now uses user
- supplied file extension if available
- Schedule Helper
- New Debugging panel
- New 'Messages' alert window
- Now supports Unsanity's SmartCrashReporting
- Updated VoiceOver Effect
- Silence Generator now always produces stereo audio
- Instant Hijack now prints debug messages with syslog()
- Lots and lots and lots of bug fixes
Audio Hijack Pro 2.5.6
Released on 7/8/05
- Fixed a bug with Session List loading
- Fixed a bug with Timer display
Audio Hijack Pro 2.5.5
Released on 7/6/05
- Hijacking: Can now hijack Dashboard widgets (option
- click on Application popup)
- Radio: Better hotplugging support
- Plugins: AppMixer now has Advanced and Monitor buttons
- Recording: Fixed issue with resampling causing clicks
- Recording: Fixed bug in AAC/ALAC recoders
Audio Hijack Pro 2.5.1
Released on 6/1/05
- Instant Hijack updated to version 1.3
- Automater Support
- Audio Hijack Pro can now execute Workflows when finishing a recording, or from the Recording Bin.
- Various improvements to timers
- Fixed a rare bug with AAC and ALAC recording
- Several other minor bug fixes
- Timers: More flexible time input
- Timers: Option-clicking a Day now selects only it
- Hijacking: New Session Conflict alert when trying to hijack two conflicting sessions
- Radio Devices: Radio views now all correctly disable when there is no radio
- Audio Devices: Improved error handling
- Other: Added 'About Audio Devices' menubar itemm
- Recorder: Now correctly writes MP3 ID3 tags longer then 127 characters
- Secret About Box: Improved!
- Fixed bug where SystemAudio would not Release correctly
- Fixed bug where Recorder would incorrectly create folders
- Fixed bug where Recorder would not always correctly finalize AAC and ALAC files
Audio Hijack Pro 2.5
Released on 4/28/05
- AppleScript: Fully Applescriptable
- Audio Sources: New Radio Input source (supports RadioShark and DSB-R100)
- Audio Sources: New 'System Audio' source (Soundflower)
- Audio Sources: New 'Silence Input' audio input
- Audio Sources: New 'Silence Output' audio output
- Audio Sources: Audio Device source buffer size selector
- Audio Sources: Audio Device source channel selector
- Hijacking: New Advanced Fill Gaps options
- Hijacking: New Suppress RealPlayer Errors preference
- Other: Now uses Application Enhancers 1.5
- Other: Built-in Soundflower Installer
- Other: New Disk Status window
- Other: New Registration window
- Plugins: Application Mixer plugin
- Plugins: Cocoa AudioUnit support
- Plugins: AudioUnit Generators support
- Plugins: VoiceOver buffer size selector
- Recording Bin: New Date Created column, and various tweaks
- Recording: AAC/ALAC files are now Fast-Start enabled
- Recording: AAC quality selector
- Recording: Silence Monitor 'Stop Recording After' option
- Recording: Added strftime() variable support (%frmt_strftime variable)
- Timers: Overlapping timer detection
- AppleScript: Now supports executing resource
- fork based AppleScripts
- Audio Sources: Now handles Audio Device hotplugging better
- Hijacking: 'Relaunch' warning dialog now skipped when invoked by a timer
- Hijacking: Turning Hijacker off now turns the Recorder off too (unless you hold down Shift)
- Hijacking: Instant Hijack updated to v1.4.6
- Interface: Now remembers selection preferences
- Interface: 'Advanced' buttons in source panes
- Interface: Updated Source icons
- Interface: Variables popup in the Recording pane now shows up in the text fields that support variables
- Plugins: Knobs now support scrollwheels
- Plugins: Plugin files now be dragged & dropped into Patch slots
- Other: Now requires MacOS X 10.3.0
- Other: Registration Noise now ramps up
- Recording: AAC/ALAC files now have their creator code set to iTunes
- Recording: Bookmarkable AACs now have use '.m4a' file extension (again)
- Recording: Now creates the output folder if it is missing
- Recording: Now uses LAME 3.96.1 for MP3 encoding
- Recording: Adjusted MP3 Quality slider to better match recommended LAME encoder settings
- Timers: Timers will now pre-empt each other if they overlap on the same target
- AppleScript: Improved error recovery when executing scripts
- Bookmarks: Minor fixes to bookmark parsers
- Effects: Improved handling of AudioUnits with Cocoa views
- Hijacking: Improved stability for some 3rd party devices
- Interface: 'Application' selector popup now correctly remembers its Recent Items
- Interface: 'Cancel' button in the 'Advanced Hijacking Options' dialog now correctly Cancels
- Interface: Fixed Session menu to not incorrectly disable items sometimes
- Interface: Fixed long-standing bug where Effects sliders would miss clicks
- Other: Audio Hijack Pro 1 Presets are now only imported on the first launch
- Other: Fixed bug where crashlogs were not being generated correctly
- Other: Fixed many minor memory leaks
- Other: Fixed bug where you were limited to 230 sessions
- Plugins: Fixed "Jumping Effects" bug where Effects would move around the Patch on their own
- Plugins: Fixed a crashing bug when Effects windows were closed quickly
- Recording: Handles cleaning up quit better
- Timers: Now handles daylight saving time better
Audio Hijack Pro 2.1.1
Released on 10/20/04
- New 'Add to iPod' script
- Fixed bug where one-shot timers would sometimes not end correctly
- Fixed bug where using timers with an Audio Device would not end correctly
- Fixed crashing bugs related to "When Finished Recording" AppleScripts
- Better error dialogs when using AppleScripts
- Better handling of RealPlayer .rm and .ram files
Audio Hijack Pro 2.1
Released on 10/05/04
- New Channel Tweaker Plugin
- Variables work in Tags now
- AAC recording bitrate fixes
- AIFF recording now supports setting the sample rate
- Added Output Device selector to the Audio Device Source
- Main window now fits on 800x600 resolution screens
- Updated Instant Hijack Component (v 1.2.8)
- Now will display nominal instead of computed bitrate in iTunes
- Uses correct bitrate for Mono (instead of halved bitrate)
- Added Drag and Drop support to the Source area
- Added Encode to WAV with iTunes script
- ALAC files now used .m4b file extension
- Silence Monitor now accepts fractional second values
- Still ever more robust hijacking
- Registration checker now more fault tolerant
- Now handles malformed Target URLs better
- Preferences now saved more often (more crash resistant)
- Quick Record HotKeys now work for controling LineIn recording too
- Improved WindowsMedia Player bookmark reader
- Fixed a crashing bug in AutoWake
- Fixed crashes related to using AppleScripts
- Fixed bug such that empty recording names don't get used
- Fixed muted timer audio leakage bug
- Fixed bug where renaming a Session and duplicating it wouldn't preserve its name
- Fixed bug where creating Duplicates would crash
- Fixed Mute menu item to correctly update the GUI
- Fixed device popup to better handle duplicate audio devices
- Fixed bug where AHP2 wouldn't be hidden if it was made a Login Item
- Fixed bug where quitting while recording could result in corrupt AACs/ALAC
- Fixed Recording sheet Channels popup typo
- Fixed bug with Move To Trash Warning and error handling
Audio Hijack Pro 2.0
Released on 7/28/04
- Installation: Installer no longer used, APE and Audio Hijack Server.ape are now optional installs. See 'About Instant Hijack' in the Application menu.
- Startup: Holding Option at launch now will give you the 'Debugging Options' panel (as originally seen in Audio Hijack 2).
- About Box: Now the Standard Rogue Amoeba about box
- Registration: Now the Standard Rogue Amoeba registration window
- Registration: Using new, slightly more secure 3 billion digit long (just 45, really) registration codes
- Presets: Presets List and Preset Editor windows merged into one
- Little Stuff: So much little behind-the-scenes stuff that nobody can remember it all
- Recording Bin itself is new
- Recording Bin: Preview
- Recording Bin: Reveal in Finder
- Recording Bin: Open in iTunes
- Recording Bin: Burn To CD
- Recording Bin: Apply AppleScript
- Recording Bin: Move To Trash
- Recording Bin: Contextual Menus
- Recording Bin: Drag & Drop re-ordering
- Dynamic status line text (useful for trying to figure out how much will fit on a CD)
- Variable column setup (see the little '...' button on the top-right corner)
- New 3 Tab layout (replacing old 4 Triangle layout)
- New Mini Level Meters that are always visible (click on it to change its mode)
- Application Input: Now supports setting Target Application and Target File/URL/AppleScript as separate settings (they were just a single 'Target' setting in AHP1)
- Application Input: Can now set a Target URL directly, no need to create bookmark files to hijack
- Application Input: Can now set a Target AppleScript, which returns a URL to be hijacked, allowing you to dynamically generate Target URLs (as originally seen in Audio Hijack 2)
- Application Input: New 'Select URL' window that allows you to pick a url right from your Bookmarks (Safari, RealPlayer and WindowsMediaPlayer).
- Audio Device Input: Now integrated, no more LineIn.app
- New hijacking system (as originally seen in Audio Hijack 2 and Nicecast).
- Will use Audio Hijack Server.ape, if available installed, to hijack applications without having to relaunch them. Otherwise will use 'relaunch required' hijacking method.
- Advanced Hijacking Options: Useful for certain applications that output multiple streams of audio, or to multiple devices. Option-Click 'Hijack' to access.
- Hijacking iChat now works without any tinkering, although you only receive the other side of the conversation.
- Now supports multiple timers per Preset
- Now supports 'One Shot' timers that only run once
- 'AutoLaunch' preference, which will cause Audio Hijack Pro to launch itself as needed (no need to leave it open all day)
- 'AutoWake' preference, which will automatically wake the computer from sleep if needed (10.3 only, requires Administrator access).
- New recording system (as originally seen in Audio Hijack 2 and Nicecast)
- Supports AIFF, MP3, AAC (bookmarkable), and Apple Lossless (bookmarkable)
- Supports setting MP3 quality per-preset (was global preference in AHP1)
- Supports tagging of MP3, AAC and ALAC files (Title, Artist, Album, Genre, Comment, Year, Track)
- More File Name Format variables
- 'When Finished Recording' AppleScript option (as originally seen in Audio Hijack 2)
- Silence Monitor: New Silence Monitor
- Silence Monitor: Remove On Silence option
- Silence Monitor: Split on Silence option
- Simplified recording buffer size preference
- Plugins Window: Now available from the Application menu, instead of the Windows menu
- Level Meters: Now with Clipping lights
- Master Gain: New Master Gain control
- Dry/Wet Mix: New Dry/Wet Mix control (as originally seen in Nicecast)
- Patch: Effects patch now supports parallel effects routing (only did series routing before)
- Patch: 'Insert Effect' menu now automatically groups effects (4FX and VSTs by their containing folders, AUs by their manufacturers)
- Patch: Now supports 'selection', so you can click on an Effect and hit the Delete key to remove it
- Synths: Support for VSTi and AudioUnit synths, driven by MIDI events (as originally seen in Nicecast)
- New 'Auxiliary Device Output' plugin, lets you output audio to any audio device (so you can output to 2+ devices at the same time, or use Mute and just do a redirection)
- New 'Side Chain Limiter' plugin. This requires an entire article in itself to explain, but it's neat, really
- New 'Gain' plugin
- Renamed 'NoFX' to 'PassThru'
- Various bug fixes to support various 3rd party plugins better
- Plugins: Support for LADSPA plugins. Thats 'Linux Audio Developers Simple Plugin API' (www.ladspa.org). And no, I've never heard of it either, why do you think I'm listing it last
- And if all this ain't worth a $10 upgrade, I don't know what is
Audio Hijack Pro 1.3.1
Released on 7/10/04
- Important fix for a bug introduced by the 2004-06-07 Security Update
Audio Hijack Pro 1.3
Released on 4/5/04
- Mac OS X 10.3.3 (Panther) Support
- Now records iTunes Crossfades
- Added a hidden "autohidePresetsList" preference
- Updated French.lproj
- Added warning when quitting while recording
- Bumped version number to 1.3
- Closing a Preset now correctly saves all changes
- Upgraded licensing system, now accepts AHP2 codes
- Attempted to fix plugins/NSString stringWithCString bug
- Latest versions of all libs
- Added LAME stub to LineIn
Audio Hijack Pro 1.2.6
Released on 11/18/03
- Mac OS X 10.3.1 (Panther) Support
- Several Presets List bugs fixed
- Fixed random Timer crashing bug
- Fixed 10.1 DSP Editor bug
- Latest sw4fxNG, auverse, Protein
- Now using auverse.frmk
Audio Hijack Pro 1.2.5
Released on 10/20/03
- OS X 10.3 (Panther) Support
- Audio Hijack Server 1.2
- APE 1.4.1
- libahNG and AHS 1.2
- Improved launch speed when using alot of plugins
- Attempted fixing memmove() crash
Audio Hijack Pro 1.2.4
Released on 7/9/03
- Updated to AHS APE 1.0.4
- Added Alert closer to close alerts after 5 minutes
- Made Load in Plugins Window select loaded plugin
- Fixed LevelMeters redraw bug
- Converted Help to Baskerville
- Fixed log book empty-prefs bug
- Moved over to Protein framework
- Fixed crashing bug in Help window
Audio Hijack Pro 1.2.3
Released on 6/10/03
- Added Icons In Presets List
- Removed "exploding icon in popup" bug
- Fixed icon caching
- Updated to APE 1.3
- Fixed MP3 recording crash
- New 1.0.3 version of Audio Hijack Server.ape
- Smaller memory footprint
- Removed static bug with QuickTime Based apps
- Fixed more Timer-related bugs
Audio Hijack Pro 1.2
Released on 5/7/03
- Added Pipe Dream Plugin
- Updated Menu Bar Meters Plugin
- Updated Audio Hijack Server.ape
- Added German.lproj
- Updated French.lproj
- Activity Log now saves between quits
- Drag & Drop to Control Pane
- Fixed pre-hijacking Timers bug
- LineIn.app now quits on release when launched internally
- Fixed buffer prefs GUI
- Timers no longer release targets when quitting (in order to prevent unmuting)
- Fixed Timer first date display bug
- Removed non-functional 144 Kbps MP3 encoding
- Fixed some 8 errors
- Made Timers begin 4 seconds early
- Changed Status Line format for Skips
Audio Hijack Pro 1.1
Released on 4/14/03
- Added Q, VBR Q, and Buffer slider to prefs window
- Fixed Presets window dragging bug
- Changed format of Timer fire text again
- Added Split button
- Fixed bug in display of Timer fire date
- Added group boxes to everything
- Added Stop recording after options to Record pane
- Improved error handling during loading
- Made scrollbar auto show/hide
- Added Variables popup to Recording pane
- Added Start new file after opts to Recording pane
- Added new MP3 types
- Added new Channel types
- Added new AIFF types
- Bundled LineIn.app
- Added Activity Log window
- Rewrote timers to be polling
- Put in multi-audio streams fix (MOTU828)
- Lessoned audio skip when clicking 'Start Recording'
- Added multi-chan hw. fix
- Added file name variables %cy, %cd, %cd, %p
- Fixed target popup to work w/ LaunchBar
- Added 'Name and Status' to info popup
Audio Hijack Pro 1.0
Released on 3/3/03