When using Airfoil or Airfoil Satellite on a machine with a firewall, you may need to adjust the firewall's settings.
If you're also using Airfoil for Windows or Airfoil Satellite for Windows, you may wish to see this Knowledge Base article as well.
On Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and up
- The default firewall settings should enable Airfoil and Airfoil Satellite to work just fine. To check on these settings:
- Open System Preferences (under the Apple menu).
- Click the Security & Privacy preference pane, then the Firewall tab.
- If the Firewall is off, you'll be just fine.
- If it's on, check the "Firewall Options..." settings. Be sure the "Block all incoming connections" checkbox is turned off, and Airfoil should be all set.
Other Firewall Software
To configure a third party firewall, please see the firewall's documentation. Look for information on how to add a program to the exceptions list. Airfoil and Airfoil Satellite will both need to be added to that list.