Crop and trim audio, paste in or join files, or just rapidly split one long file into many. Fission is streamlined for fast editing. Plus, it works without the quality loss caused by other editors, so you can get perfect quality audio even when editing MP3 and AAC files.
If you need to convert formats, Fission can do that too! You can rapidly export or batch convert files to the MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF, and WAV formats.
Read on or just download and start editing now!
- Tons of Tweaks Support for MP3 CBR & VBR, HE-AAC, direct import from iTunes, bug fixes, and much, much more.
- Import More Fission can now import many more formats, including: MPEG layer 1 and 2, AIFF-C, Ogg Vorbis, Shorten, RealAudio, Windows Media Audio (WMA), AMR, QDesign Music, WavePack and Monkey's Audio.
New in Fission 2
A Whole New Look
Fission's interface has been updated to make it easier, more fun to use, and a joy to behold.
- Cross-Format Exporting Edit an AIFF file, then save it to MP3. Edit FLAC and save to AAC. You can now export to any supported format.
Share to SoundCloud
When you're done editing, you can publish your audio directly to a SoundCloud account. Sharing is a snap!
Want to edit multiple audio files at once or just copy and paste between files? With Fission 2, you can!
- Batch File Conversion Using the new Batch Converter, you can transcode dozens of files between audio formats, with just a few clicks.
FLAC Audio Support
Fission now has full support for opening, editing, and saving FLAC audio files.
- Modes Be Gone Editing used to mean switching between Inspect, Select, and Split modes. Fission 2 provides access to all controls, all the time.
Chapterized AAC Files
If you need to make an enhanced podcast with AAC chapters, Fission will have it done in no time flat.
- WAV, Too In addition to adding support for FLAC, Fission now supports reading, editing, and saving WAV audio files as well.
- Easy Editing Trim, split, fade in and out, all with a few simple clicks. Fission is designed with simplicity in mind.
- Export to Any Format Fission can now save any file directly to MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF, or WAV.
- Quick Audio Removal Cutting out audio couldn't be easier, with Fission's easy selection and cropping.
- Native Format Support Edit natively, with no quality loss, in the MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV formats.
- Batch Converter Fission's Batch Converter lets you quickly convert multiple files between audio formats.
- No Quality Loss Required Yes, Fission can edit lossily compressed MP3 and AAC files without re-encoding, so you never lose quality.
- iPhone Ringtones Edit audio down, then choose "Save as iPhone Ringtone" to get ringtones & text tones for the iPhone.
Split Up LPs
Take one long file, such as a recorded LP, and split it into individual songs.
- Convert Digital Albums Convert digital downloads from large-file formats like FLAC to more portable formats.
- Create Enhanced Podcasts Even better, create Enhanced Podcasts, with chapterized AAC files. It couldn't be simpler.
Fast and Powerful Editing
- Crop It Out Got a small portion of audio to save? Highlight it, click Crop and you're done.
- File Joining With a simple drag and drop or copy and paste, you can join two or more files.
- Smart Split Automatically split files based on silence - perfect for LP and DVD recordings.
- Inline Gain Adjustment Highlight a section of audio then adjust the gain with the Gain slider.
Trim Audio Out
Highlight unwanted audio, then press delete - that's it.
- Fade Away Fade audio in and out to create pleasing transitions.
- Why Be Normal? Give audio files a constant volume level with the Normalize function.
- Split Points With Fission's Split Points, you can split and save to get multiple files.
- Precise Splits Move split points by dragging exactly where you like, or add by timestamp.
Many More Features
- Edit iTunes Downloads If you buy songs from the iTunes Music Store, Fission can help losslessly edit it.
- Cue Sheet Support Split files using cue sheets, or export your edits to a cue sheet file.
- Update ID3 Info Update the track info, as well as artwork and lyrics, for all audio formats.
- Detailed File Info The Summary view shows detailed information for your audio files.
Just to let you know Fission is absolutely awesome...thank you! We were trying to edit a 12 hour audio book using Final Cut Studio 2 and it kept bombing! So we tried Quicktime Pro, Audacity, plus a few others which also couldn't just couldn't cope. Then we stumbled across Fission and it breezed through the edits and output without any headaches whatsoever! Moreover, it also allowed us to control the ID3 tags and artwork in one space, so we are one very pleased customer! Keep up the good work...it makes Apple's own audio software look like a joke!
Excellent upgrade…very useful additions you've made to an already nice little editor. Multiple files open alone is worth the fee. Thanks for very good products.